What is NY Faerie Festival? It’s as interesting and whimsical as it sounds.
Centered around the pageantry of “A Midsummer’s Dream,” fairies, elves and fantastic creatures gather in wooded hollows between the Finger Lakes and the Catskill mountains. With enchanting music and colorful pageantry they invite you to join them in celebrating nature’s wonders and the magic of imagination.
This three-day festival, set in Ouaquaga (near Harpursville) offers patrons the opportunity to:
- Walk a Labyrinth inside Wattleston Garden
- See jugglers, magicians, “wandering minstrels,” puppeteers, actors and storytellers
- Eat great local food
- Dance to live music
- Meet the Faerie Queen and her Court of characters
- Cheer at the jousting tournament
- And of course, dress in your best faerie finery.
There are parades, processions, interactive performances all weekend long. There’s even a fashion show!
This family-friendly event welcomes kids and adults alike, and the festival boasts no alcohol and designated smoking area to keep everything light and friendly!
When: June 28-30, 2013
Where: Ouaquaga, NY